Q-Sense fMRI System
Based on the portable and versatile Q-sense device, the Q-sense fMRI System allows pain stimulation in the fMRI environment.
Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) has become a valuable tool for objectively quantifying cerebral responses to pain intensity, advancing our knowledge of how pain affects brain structure and activity.
- Plug-and-play setup in the MRI scanner suite
- Available in both single and dual fmri thermode models, with the latter facilitating simultaneous or sequential stimulation at two different body sites
- Versatile programming of stimulation parameters, precise and accurate results recording
- 3 and 7 Tesla compatible
- Validation tests demonstrated no imaging artifact
Q-Sense fMRI thermodes are non-ferrous and incorporate air flow for system temperature control, a new technology requiring no coolant or pump for operation.
Evaluation of the Q-Sense fMRI System as a MR Conditional device was subjected to testing at the Erwin L. Hahn Institute at Essen, Germany – which hosts one of the world’s few 7T MRI scanners. Validation run on both 7T and 3T MRI scanners.
The Q-Sense fMRI System passed the MRI scanner manufacturer QA testing and functional imaging test runs, showing no imaging artifacts or detectable electromagnetic interference noise.
Applications of Medoc Products:
- Quantitative Sensory Testing (QST)
- Pain Research
- Clinical Use
Diabetic, Metabolic and other Peripheral Neuropathies
Diabetic Neuropathy Test